Is it possible to sync testcases from our JIRA to Vendors JIRA?

Vithya May 17, 2019
We have different JIRA portal for us and our Vendor. We would like to sync up or copy test cases from our portal to Vendors for Uat support. How this can be achieved?

4 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 19, 2019

Hi Vithya,

(I'm working in the team behind Exalate)

Before jumping to any conclusions, how are you tracking your test cases, and how is the vendor tracking their test cases.  Can you map them?

Francis

Vithya May 20, 2019

Hi Francis, Thank you.

We are not using any app like Xray or Zephyr . We are simply creating test cases in JIRA similar to any other task creation and move to Test cycle for the execution.

Our Vendor also following the same approach.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2019

That's then straightforward to sync test cases, as it is identical to any other issue type.

Let me know if you would like to give it a try, and we can setup a small proof of concept.

Francis

Vithya May 20, 2019

Hi Francis,

I would appreciate if you could help me with the approach :)

francis
Marketplace Partner
May 20, 2019

Can you book a meeting here  (we don't have your contact information), and we'll go from there

Francis

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 18, 2019

Hi @Vithya , I'm Sebastian from the team behind Backbone Issue Sync, the issue sync app @Jonas Moehringer - ij-solutions was mentioning. Can I assume that you're using a Test Management app like Xray or Zephyr to manage your test cases? Because at the moment you can't synchronize test cases with our app. We do support certain custom fields from other Jira apps, but not from any test management app - so far. We're in the process of releasing such an extension for Backbone with which you'll be able to do that for the Xray Test Management app - and we could potentially think about extensions for other test management apps, if it's technically possible. Which Test Management app are you using? If you're not using a Test Management app, how else do you define your test cases? I'd love to hear that!

If you have questions about the extension I'm talking about, I encourage you to reach out to our support team, so we can discuss your use case in more detail. :-)

Vithya May 20, 2019

Hi Sebastian Hesse , Thank you for your response. We are not using any app like Xray or Zephyr . We are simply creating test cases in JIRA similar to any other task creation and move to Test cycle for the execution.

UAT users also doing the same in their JIRA. As we have a plan to do integration test  long with SIT and UAT testers, SIT testers will create integration test cases and share the same with UAT team for the execution. Kindly advise what could be a solution to resolve our request.

Deleted user May 20, 2019

Hi @Vithya , in that case you should be able to use any issue synchronization app, like Backbone or Exalate as mentioned by Francis. :-)

If you like, you can watch our get started video to get up and running. And in case you have any questions, either ask here or reach to our support team. :-)

0 votes
Answer accepted

For synchronization between two Jira instances you will need an app doing the integration. I don't have any experience with that but there is for example backbone issue sync for Jira which should do exactly what you want to do.

Second possiblity is using another application doing the integration. I know Takstop integration hub for example as we use it to synchronize between Jira and a requirement and test management tool. It is working quite good and fullfilled all our requirements regarding synchronization. However, it is not the cheapest solution I think.

1 vote
Łukasz Krupa August 27, 2019

Hi Vithya, 

I'm from Deviniti team. 

If your test cases are just an Jira issues you can use IssueSYNC plugin to do that. We provides also TestFLO test management tool that uses Jira issues for test repository and test execution. If you want to extend your test managment capabilities and synchronize simply contant our support to help you with that setup.

Łukasz

Suggest an answer