Is it possible to search tasks shown on Kanban board?

We have a lot of tasks on our Kanban board and would like to have possibility to filter only stories with some search query. Is it possible?

Here I'm talking not about quick-filter (which is predefine and could be changet only in configurations), but I need somethink like search box. It will be used by unautorized users, we will shouw our kanban board for them (read only) and would like to allow users to search/filter tasks visible on kanban board.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Jaro,

This is seems not possible. The reason is because un-authorized users are not allowed to create/modify any board configuration. You (or the admin) will need to define the related quick filter in advance.

Cheers

This would be very helpful to have a quick search like it is available on the backlog in the scrum mode

No, quick filters are defined in configuration, I need somethink like search box for unauthorized users to use. We show our kanban board publicly (read only) and would like to let users to search/filter on board only selected tasks.

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Aug 20, 2017

@Jaro Satkevic1, if you are on server you may want to look at Jira Agile Board Filters plugin. - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.extensi.jira.plugin.agileboardfilter/server/overview

One workaround is to add the board's filter to your favorite filter list. You then have it available on the left in the side bar.  Once you click on it you will get a search field: "Contains text".  The results are displayed as a list and not on your board though.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,221 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you