Is it possible to make a condition in the automation, whereby the automation checks the issuetype of

Diana Osorio April 16, 2024

Is it possible to make a condition in the automation, whereby the automation checks the issuetype of the linked issue from another project in the issue created in your current project?

I want to clone an issue to project a, if the issuetype that is linked in my current issue is one type, if it is another type I clone it to my project b

I did a structure that working to clone, but without this condition. I need this condition

Captura de Tela 2024-04-16 às 10.45.42.pngCaptura de Tela 2024-04-16 às 10.46.07.png

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

It is possible to do that:

for linked issues.png

However, you have to be careful when doing this; any further actions will treat the linked issue as the issue the automation works on.

From the bottom part of your image it looks like you are trying to clone an issue, but using the linked issue branch will mean that the cloned issue will be the linked issue.

If you are aiming to clone the original ticket you would be better off using create issue, e.g.:

Create issue.png

@Stephen_Lugton I want to clone an issue to project a, if the issuetype that is linked in my current issue is one type, if it is another type I clone it to my project b

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

@Diana Osorio In that case you'll have to add a second branch for linked issues below the first on with the check for that linked issue type there as well:

Two branches.png

Like Diana Osorio likes this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2024

@Diana Osorio One thing I may not have made clear is that if you create a new ticket rather than cloning it, all you have to do is copy all the fields you're interested in from the triggering ticket to the newly created ticket as part of the create ticket process - effectively you are cloning the ticket just using a workaround to allow you to check the issue type of the linked ticket.

You can also set the request type as part of the create new ticket options.

Diana Osorio April 17, 2024

@Stephen_Lugton I did this way, but not working

Captura de Tela 2024-04-17 às 09.59.32.pngCaptura de Tela 2024-04-17 às 10.03.39.png

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2024

Just want to check, is the linked issue in the same project?

And if not, have you set the automation up to work in both projects?

@Stephen_Lugton 

The linked issue is in a project called contract.

I set the automation as multiple projects and put project contract, support tech and cloud managed

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi Diana,

Add a Branch for Linked Issues above where you have the If 

Then add a Condition to check the Issue Type

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Diana Osorio 

You want the Condition to check the Issue Type of a linked issue, linked to your trigger issue?

If yes, I'd use a Related Issues Condition - setup might look like this...

• Related issues = Linked issues
  • Link type = <link type here>
  • Condition = Some/All match specified JQL
  • JQL - issuetype = <type here>

Ste

Thanks, I did this, but not working

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

Hi @Diana Osorio 

What's the specific need from this rule?

If you could explain the exact steps, we can help to guide the whole rule, rather than just one component.

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thank you for your help

I want to clone an issue to project a, if the issuetype that is linked in my current issue is one type, if it is another type I clone it to my project b

I did a structure that working to clone, but without this condition. I need this conditioCaptura de Tela 2024-04-17 às 09.59.32.pngCaptura de Tela 2024-04-17 às 10.03.39.png

Suggest an answer