Is it possible to get email notification after closing Story with linked "Epic Name" details

Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase July 19, 2019

Hello Team,

We have standard story repeated in all projects which are linked with the different EPIC through Epic Link.

As of now, If story status change|edit|Commented then reporter is receiving an email alert with only respective story details. But, we do not get information with the linked EPIC of respective story in the mail notification.

Would it be possible to to get email notification after closing Story with linked "Epic Name" details in the email?

Thanks and Regards,

Dnyaneshwar Borase

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2019

Hello @Dnyaneshwar Ramesh Borase,

I understand that you would like to display the Epic Name Field value in the notification received by the reporter when the child Story is Closed. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, the functionality above can not be achieved using only the Project notifications of JIRA. In fact, we had a feature request to allow the displaying of field values in project notifications, however, we have decided not to pursue it in a close future:

As a user, I want JIRA notifications to include the custom fields and their values on the Create Issue notification email

For now, you can use filter subscriptions to properly receive notifications with all the fields you want. However, this kind of notification does not trigger upon an event, but can only be scheduled periodically. You would configure it like this:

1 - Create a JQL filter returning all the closed stories in the last 2 hrs:

issuetype = Story and resolved >= -2h

2 - Using the list view, configure in the columns displaying all the fields you want in the notification, including the Epic Link

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 18.36.46.png

2 - Configure the subscription for the user like this:

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 18.31.26.png

Performing the steps above, the user will receive an e-mail every hour with all the Stories closed in the last two hours together with the related Epic in the Epic Link Column. In case no issues are closed, no e-mail is sent.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer