Is is possible to show EPIC name from different project on my projects backlog view?

Smita Sinha March 18, 2018

Hi,

I have attached few tasks of my project to EPIC from the same project and few to EPIC from different project. While I am able to see the EPIC names from my project in backlog view against each task, I am not able to see EPIC names from different project.

Is it possible to see the name of EPIC from different project on my projects's backlog view?

Thanks,

Smita

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2018

Hi @Smita Sinha

It is all based on the board filter you set. Make sure you include the epics from the other project also in your board's filter and try.

Smita Sinha March 19, 2018

Thanks for your quick turn-around Fazila. Can you please guide me through the steps to enable it in filter. I am not able to find it specifically.

Thanks,

Smita

Dinesh Rajwani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2018

@Smita Sinha did you figure this out? I am trying to find the same now.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2018

Hi @Smita Sinha

Sorry, i missed this post alert.

You can put something in the board's filter like:

project = "My project" or (project = "The other project" and type = "Epic")
Tobias Feldmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2020

Edited - works for me.

Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2020

@Smita Sinha , this one is the right query for you. 

Suggest an answer