Inline edit a field instead of clicking "edit" button in issue type "Bug"

Sakthi VS September 4, 2018

For an Issue type "Bug" I have couple of fields which are inline editable using pencil icon. I want a custom field also to be editable in such a fashion, instead of clicking "edit" button and editing the field's value.

I tried adding this custom field in the issue type screen schemes by tracing the screen schemes and screens configured for the issue type "Bug". The field is added there, but not displayed for inline edit.

Anything else to be done. Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

Hello,

The field is available for the inline edit, if this field is present in the edit and view screens. Find the proper screen scheme for this issue type and add this field to the edit and view screens.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I did identified the screen scheme for the issue type, however I couldn't identify "Edit" and "View" screens for the same.  

Screen scheme -> Configure -> Shows 2 "Issue Operators" with the corresponding screen name -> Clicking each of the screen and ensured the field is available.

Still the issue exists.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

What type is this custom field?

Thanks I got the "Edit" and "View" screen bit and issue got resolved. I have to take it via project settings -> screen scheme -> Edit Screen & View screen.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2018

Nice to hear that the issue is solved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events