Incorrect release summary

Francisco Navarrete September 7, 2018

Hi there

I'm using Releases option in a Scrum software project, and when I select a version always appears 0 issues to do. In fact they have been grouped together with "in progress" issues. The total and done counts are correct. I have not customised the workflow.

How can I separate "to do" count so that release summary is correct?

Thank you in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Riza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Hi Francisco 

If I understand correctly, issues that are supposed to show up on "To Do" under the versions, is showing up on the "In Progress" issues. If that is the case, then it seems that the Jira indexes may be corrupted. 

For this, you will have to run a Lock reindex, where Jira will purge all the indexes, including those corrupted, and then rebulid them from the database. For more info on how to do a lock reindex: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/search-indexing-861253852.html. 

Do note that Jira will not be usable during a lock reindex, therefore you may want to schedule this during a maintenance downtime. 

Francisco Navarrete September 10, 2018

Thank you Mohamed

I have reindexed but it occurs the same. Let me explain better. You can see in the following image in Spanish that there are 0 issues to do (incidencias para realizar) but the issue MDT8-177 is POR HACER (to do), so I think that the number of issues should be greater than 0.Captura.JPG

Mohamed Riza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2018

Thanks for the screenshot. 

From this we see that the POR HACER (to do) status seem to be in the category of In Progress. This we understand from the color Yellow. To change this:

1. go to the status page, which can be found in {{Jira-Admin-menu>>Issues>>ISSUE ATTRIBUTES>>Statuses}}.
  2. Here look for POR HACER (to do) status
  3. You will notice the Category column. 
  4. Change the Category column from In Progress to To Do. 
  5. Then check back on the releases page. 
Like Bimochan Shrestha likes this
Francisco Navarrete September 10, 2018

Excellent! Now the summary info is correct.

Thank you very much for your precise answer.

Kind regards

Bimochan Shrestha
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 27, 2021

Thank you @Mohamed Riza 

Suggest an answer