In the next-gen Board view, how to complete epic to remove from board view

Heath Holcomb January 25, 2019

In the next-gen board view, all the epics show up as intended but I've complete one epic (I don't have sprints enabled). I've changed the Epic to Done in the Backlog view but the epic still shows up in the Board view.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hello Heath,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

It's expected that an issue keeps appearing in the done column of the board once it is completed for 14 days and then removed from the board view.

This is how the board is rendered for Next-Gen projects, however, we have created a feature request to allow users to choose if they would like to display completed issues in the board or no:

Next-gen project backlog - filter for completed issues

Please, add yourself as a watcher and vote on the suggestion in order to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Jess Talbot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2019

Hello! I can't seem to watch or vote on this issue. Is there something I need to do first?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hello Jessica, 

You just need to log in on jira.atlassian.com with your Atlassian Account (Top-right corner of the page) and you should be able to vote and watch it.

John M November 19, 2020

Awesome, that feature request is shipped.

Suggest an answer