In Strucure, Group by fixed version on levels down

Charlie Bryant December 1, 2021

Trying to figure out how to arrange the generators in a way that will make this senario work, not 100% sure if this is possible in structure, please let me know

Current Structure:

-A

|-Epic

|-Fault (Fix Version 1)

|-Story (Fix Version 2)

Where Faults and Stories can have different fix versions

Intended:

-A

- |Fix version1

|-Epic

|-Fault

- |Fix version2

|-Epic

|-Story

1 answer

2 votes
Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Charlie Bryant !

Yulia from ALM Works here!

I have a few questions to clarify:

• What do the "-A" and "|-1" represent?
  • How do they connect to the Fix Version and Epics?
  • Is the Fix version populated on Story and Fault level only?

If there are details you would feel more comfortable sharing directly, please feel free to contact us via support@almworks.com  or through our customer portal support.almworks.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Yulia Barbash
www.almworks.com

Charlie Bryant December 1, 2021

Hi @Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_ the fix Version are only populated on a Story and Fault level, A and 1 are issues types that are linked

so from top down it looks like

A -> includes -> 1 includes -> EPIC -> issues in Epic: Fault and Story

Please let me know if this is enough infomation, if you require more details about I will most likely need to share directly but please let me know 

Many Thanks,

Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 3, 2021

Thank you, @Charlie Bryant, for providing additional details.

To achieve your goal the only option is to use folders instead of the fix version. I have outlined the necessary steps below.

Step 1

Add insert generators, limit to a project if needed: project = projectName AND issuetype = A

Step 2

Create folders and give them the names of your fix versions.

Under each folder add its own insert generator to specify fixVesrion.

• Folder 1: project = projectName AND issuetype in (Story,Task) AND fixVersion = 1
  • Folder 2: project = projectName AND issuetype in (Story,Task) AND fixVersion = 2

Step 3

Use 2 group generators under each folder:

• Group by epic
  • Group by issue link "includes" on the current level to consider other groups

Please make sure that the order of groupers from the top to the bottom is: by epic, by issue link. 

Let me know if this would work for you.

Yulia Barbash
www.almworks.com

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Charlie Bryant December 6, 2021

Hi @Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_ 

Thank you so much I will give it a go and let you know! Does this require the manual creation and naming of these folders? eg. if a new issue/w fix version was added it would require manually updating the structure to fit it?

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this

Suggest an answer