Imputation time

Ariel March 13, 2024

Good afternoon

I have questions about how automatic time allocation works when working with a task.

Specifically, at the end of the day, I always get 1 or 2 hours less than the total time. At no time do I close my dashboard, however I do sometimes lose focus on the sale although I do see that it continues to charge.

Based on what was mentioned above, I have no idea under what circumstances the tracker stops counting time. Would it be possible to have documentation or an explanation about in which situations it tracks or in which it does not? It's pretty obvious but every day I always have to change the time and it's extremely uncomfortable. Even more so when you work with many tasks and you don't know which one needs to be corrected in time.

It has also happened to me that it records time on tasks that may already be closed or that have already been processed. In these cases, wouldn't it be logical to detect or track the time but today and not 3 or 4 days ago?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Ariel -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I do not believe the behavior you describe is from built-in features.

Do you have a marketplace addon or automation rule running which are automatically logging work time?  Please check with your Jira admin to confirm those things.

Kind regards,
Bill

Ariel March 17, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy , nice to me you!

Thanks for your answer. Yes, it is an automatic work time login.

Here I attach a screenshot with some blur :D.

autologeo.jpg 

I always have my dashboard open and with the task, I see that it is logging time and so on with all the tasks that I process. But, at the end of the day, when I check the logged work time, there are always 2 or 3 hours missing, sometimes up to 4.

If there were 3 or 4 tasks, I wouldn't mind correcting the times, but if there are many, it is impossible to know how to balance the recorded work times. I also understand that I shouldn't do that, since the tool already does it for me.

Another aspect, I have tasks that I am frequently changing at the moment. This means that I change the focus and then remote the previous task.
Sometimes I also open the task directly in a browser tab, and when I finish the task I close it.

I don't know if any of these actions make it difficult or detrimental to logging work time.

Kind regards,
Ariel

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2024

Based on what you describe, there appears to be an addon application logging the time, versus an automation rule.

I recommend talking to your Jira site admin to learn about that addon, learn how it is intended to function, and then contact the vendor's support team on the marketplace for help.

Ariel March 25, 2024

Good morning @Bill Sheboy 

Yes, I will do that although I am not sure I will receive an answer :)

Thanks for your help and recommendations

Kind regards!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Ariel March 17, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders