Import issues was successfully but child issues is not showing in EPIC

Sindhuja Pathuri April 17, 2024

I have Imported the issue through CSV file and it was successfully and this is the format

Issue TypeSummaryStory NameEpic NameEpic Link
EpicData Entry DE 1 
EpicDData Entry DDE 1 
StoryPerforming entry data to the Existing customer who is  salariedTW_QDE_SC_01 DE 1
StoryPerforming entry data to the  NEW customer who is  salariedTW_QDE_SC_02 DE 1

Unable to see child issue in an epic, Please help me on this issue

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2024

I have a behavior set up so that the Summary and Epic Name fields on my epics always match. I would have expected that, when importing, you would want to set the Epic Name value as the Epic Link value for the stories, but maybe you need to use Summary?

So the Epic Link values would be Data Entry instead of DE 1.

Sindhuja Pathuri April 19, 2024

Even after updated the file as per your instructions(Epic Link values would be Data Entry instead of DE 1), Still child issues is not linked to the Epic.

image.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hi Sindhuja - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you say this is the format - do you mean in the CSV file? Or after it was created?

Sindhuja Pathuri April 19, 2024

After created the Epic, Child issues is not showing in Epic

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Did the CSV file create the Epics and child issues all at the same time? Or separately? 

Sindhuja Pathuri April 21, 2024

All created at the same time and all in th same CSV file, but still child issue is not linked to parent issues

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2024

This is what I use for creating Sub-tasks and their parents at the same time. It should also work with Epics. 

Issue ID Issue Type Parent  Summary
1 Task   Task 1
  Sub-task 1 Sub-task 1
  Sub-task 1 Sub-task 2

2 Epic   Epic 1
  Task 2 Task 2
  Story 2

Story 1

Like Sindhuja Pathuri likes this
Sindhuja Pathuri April 21, 2024

Thank you so much for the help I got the solution and it helps me a lot.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2024

Great! Glad to hear!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events