If I link Jira to an SVN repository, What are the benefits?

s August 1, 2013

Hi

Just an enquiry if I have to link Jira to an SVN repository does it have any benefits?

I am aware if I link it using Fisheye Crucible then commits can be linked to issues but as a standalone SVN linked to Jira will this have any benefits.

Regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

Using the Subversion plugin allows you to view subversion commits in the JIRA issue itself. (Via the subversion tab) But you would only get a "read-only" information window, e.g. the repository name, revision number, date, fileschanged etc:

But if you link FeCru to SVN, and THEN link JIRA to FeCru, you get more benefits e.g. clickable links to the source file changes, links to FeCru repo, branch information, and creating review directly from JIRA.

dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013
s August 1, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

Can the Subversion plugin be installed in the On Demand option

Regards

Showkat

Suggest an answer