I need to move everything under one component on a board to another board

Jake Annunziata October 3, 2019

Is this possible?  What do the steps look like?  Components and workflows are different on both boards 

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Jake Annunziata ,

You can not move issues from one board to another because boards are just a visualization of the selected issues.

So you can just decide to show them or not.

To achieve what you want, you have to modify the filter used for the first board not to select to issues with that component.

The you have to modify the filter used on the second board, to select the issues with that component. 

Afterwards you have to modify the board configuration and map the status, that are not mapped yet, to the right columns.

Jake Annunziata October 3, 2019

I misspoke.  I want to move a number of issues under a component on one project under another project.  Does that change the answer?

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Jake Annunziata 

You can move issues from one project to another, provided you have required permissions in both of them.

1. Create a jql filter to retrieve all the issues with the required condition (project = <name> and component = <name> )
  2. Use bulk issue option move to move all the above issues to the destination project

Since the workflows are different for each projects, you might have to match the workflow statuses and fill in any missing required fields.

Jake Annunziata October 15, 2019

Thank you!  Making quite a large move on Thursday and hoping this helps make it go smooth

Suggest an answer