I'm trying to determine which recommendation to provide to our teams to define their scrum teams in

Mani July 9, 2018

Should we recommend to create private teams or Shared teams?
If we recommend to create shared teams, one of the the advantage is that we can filter them from Jira, and then be able to assign a story from Jira to a shared team, and also to build boards baased on these shared teams.
But if we do shared teams for all scrum teams of all our projects, this may become a mess as all the shared teams are shared with the whole instance.

If we recommend to create private teams, this has the advantage to not polute the whole jira instance with hundreds of teams, but the problem is that we can not (as per the trial I did) filter them from Jira, and then, not able to create boards based on these teams.

When filtering on a shareded team from Jira, it transforms the selected team by an Id
We type "Team =". It proposes the shared team list, and when we select one, it transform it with the ID
E.G.: Team = 59

Is there a possibility to find a way to filter on Private teams created in portfolio?
If not, does it mean we have to created shared teams for all our scrum teams?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krista Parker July 9, 2018

There isn't a good way to audit shared teams, so you have to be diligent in knowing who is assigned to what team and where they are being used in Portfolio. 

I'm not sure I understand the question on shared teams and boards. The team connects to a board in Jira, so if you build a board in Jira and connect that to a team in Portfolio, you can have the team with the shared board?

Suggest an answer