I'm not able to see the acceptance criteria in user story detail view. But when edit can see.

Luna ZHANG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2018

Hi,

I created an user story with acceptance criteria, but not able to see it in user story detail view, which is on right side of the screen.

Only when I click edit then able to see all fields including acceptance criteria. But my colleague is able to see AC in same user story in his account on right side detail view.

I don't know if any configuration needed to show the acceptance criteria.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

Regards,

Luna

2 answers

1 vote
Kristin Wong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2019

Hi Luna,

That's because you need to add it into your issue layout. You will need to click the '...' on the top right corner of the issue then select 'Configure'. This will take you to a new window called 'Issue Layout - JIRA' where you can drag 'Acceptance Criteria' into the 'Description Area' of your issue for it to appear. Make sure you click 'Save changes' once you're done.

Chimwemwe Manda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 7, 2021

Is it possible to have them as checkboxes with logic that if all are ticked the story is complete otherwise it blocks it from being flagged as done

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2021
0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

Hello @Luna ZHANG

If you are using cloud Jira instance, then it's pretty restrictive when it comes to configuring of the issue detail view.

please read here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-764478043.html

If you are using server instance of JIra, then you should be able to add Acceptance criteria in the issue detail view

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configuring-the-issue-detail-view-938845334.html

Luna ZHANG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 18, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is: the acceptance criteria fields already added into issue detail view as a custom field, I can create a user story with acceptance criteria, but I still not able to see in issue detail view after creation. Only in full screen mode then I'm able to see the acceptance criteria.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hello @Luna ZHANG

On the cloud the ability to add new fields to issue detail view screen is very less as compared to server, so as per the URLs I have shared with you if you can't add acceptance criteria on the issue details view on cloud then currently it's not possible.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2018

Hello @Tarun Sapra,

You should be able to see the custom field on the right side issue view/preview (Jira Cloud) as presented in the screenshot below:

custom-fields.png

You might try to enable/disable "labs" features in your personal preferences (accessible from the bottom-left corner of the screen).

When comes to the full-screen New Issue View (Jira Cloud), all the custom fields are located on the right side of the issue page. They are often collapsed under "Show more" link.

It saves space and helps most of the time but in some cases (like yours) it is not very convenient. 

You might consider an app like Issue Checklist, provided by my team, that delivers Acceptance Criteria functionality in the form of check items. It is visible all the time in the main section (if you add it to an issue), right below the Description:

issue-checklist-2.png

I hope that helps. 

Cheers,
Jack

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events