I have been made admin but I cannot make any changes.

Tarun Bhola April 17, 2019

Hi All,

I've been recently made Head/Admin of JIRA in our IT team to monitor all the changes and triage tickets accordingly.

The issue is - Even I became site admin I'm still unable to assign tickets or make any changes. The only thing I am able to do is "Comment" on the tickets.

Can someone please advise on this?

Thanks

Tarun 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Admin rights give you admin rights, not automatic "can do everything" (because that's bad for security and worse for keeping your sanity in larger systems).

You will need to adjust the permission schemes and/or your project membership to get the access you need.

Hi Nic,

I have the access granted to various project roles in the permission schemes.

Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

Tarun -

Do you have a screen shot of the permission scheme you are using you can provide? Probably need to check the roles set for the Assignable users, etc...

-Ed

Hi Ed

Please have a look at the screenshot -

j1.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2019

That tells us you, or any of the groups you are a member of, are not in the "administrators" role

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events