I have 2 teams A and B. I want to hide certain transitions from A and certain from B. In this scenar

Priyanka Khare June 26, 2019

I have 2 teams A and B. I want to hide certain transitions from A and certain from B. In this scenario what will be suitable?

1. using issue security

2. using workflow condition?

Answer with proper explanations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys :)

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2019

Hi @Priyanka Khare ,

I think you can use workflow condition.

gp.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
PVS
Banned
June 26, 2019

Hi @Priyanka Khare 

I would like to confirm to you which would be the trigger to perform this validation.  I mean, Should it be performed as soon as the field is filled with team A or team B are filled or in a specific workflow transition?

Also, Are you using JIRA Cloud or Server?

It seems that you would like to perform this validation as soon as your field is filled with team A or B, correct?

If that's the case, you will need a plugin to achieve it. My recommendation would be:

1 - Split your workflow in two, configuring two workflow transitions:

One with the proper validator to confirm if the location field is set;

One with no validators.

2 - Install  Automation Lite for JIRA (300 free executions) plugin

3 - Configure a new automation rule to trigger when the field is filled with team A or B, transitioning the issue for one of the two created transitions of your workflow

Or

GO TO Work flow Transition  Add A Condition USER GROUP PICKER 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events