I get a error when using Jira with Microsoft Edge - see below:

Trevor Thangalan January 26, 2021

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Another test that you can make and that fixed the issue for other customers is by resetting the settings. 

I searched for similar cases and there are no bugs related to Edge, so it's some setting on the browser that is preventing it from working correctly since it works on another browser and incognito mode.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

​​​​​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Attila Temesvari July 26, 2021

I have tested this reset and can confirm it works! I'm now able to login with JIRA and federated account in a normal browser window. Thank you Angélica!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Jackie Bain July 26, 2021

Worked for me too. Thanks for your help!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Colin Gebhart December 14, 2021

This did not work for me.

I am not able to do the "Reset Settings" menu due to organizational policy control.

I tried manually resetting everything under "Clear Browsing Data". I wasn't being careful what I selected and lost a bunch of work in my open tabs that now I can't remember. They aren't in "recently closed tabs" either.

According to Edge I have no extensions installed. Even under "InPrivate Window" I still get the following banner.

I've spent about an hour searching, and following instructions, and no success. This banner is non-value added waste of screen real estate. It's fine once or twice to throw up as an interstitial popup that auto-dismisses. This persistent and erroneously displayed banner is a frustrating waste of valuable time.

"The current Jira version is no longer compatible with the IE browser. Please use the Chrome or Firefox instead. Please refer the vendor documentation for more details HERE. Thanks!"

Like Influential Eliot likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Marco Antonio Heredia Valdez,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

This error appears when there is cached information from a previous login and some extensions on your browser may also be preventing you from login.

Please, make sure Edge is on the latest version, clear the cookies and cache, and most importantly, disable the browser extension manually and then, you can try enabling one by one and test to check which one may be causing the issue.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Attila Temesvari July 26, 2021

Facing the same issue for about a week now.

Edge is on latest version, cookies and cache cleared, no extensions: cannot login in normal mode, works in private browsing

Latest Chrome: No problem with login, works with JIRA account and federated login as well.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2021

Hello Trevor,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you are facing this issue only on Edge, but not other browsers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can access Jira normally using Chrome or Firefox, it means that there is nothing wrong with your account, but some issue with the browser.

• Can you please check if Edge is on the latest version?
  • Please, clear cookies and cache and try again.
  • Turn off or remove any extensions on Edge to make sure that nothing is blocking your access to Jira.
  • You may also try the InPrivate mode on Edge.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Trevor Thangalan January 28, 2021

After clearing Cookies and cache it works up to a point. But once I put my credentials in it gives the same error. So clear press the try again button and does not work. However, after clearing Cookies and cache again it works up to the same point.

So only half solved. Someone said ATLASSIAN made a change that makes it incompatible with Edge. However I am able to work in Chrome. But, this is cumbersome as most of my other stuff is in Microsoft 356.  

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
February 1, 2021

Hi Trevor,

Atlassian Cloud products are compatible with Microsoft Edge, only Internet Explorer 11 that is no longer supported. 

Please, check if your browser is on the latest version. 

Marco Antonio Heredia Valdez April 29, 2021

I got the same error in Edge, but in Chrome is working fine.

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

Any idea how to solve it and run in Edge?

Jackie Bain July 23, 2021

Same here. Only just started happening yesterday. Why I ask.

Have the latest version of Edge.

After clearing cache and cookies the problem still persists after login.

According to Edge I don't have any extensions installed

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events