Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I get a error when using Jira with Microsoft Edge - see below:

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Another test that you can make and that fixed the issue for other customers is by resetting the settings. 

I searched for similar cases and there are no bugs related to Edge, so it's some setting on the browser that is preventing it from working correctly since it works on another browser and incognito mode.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

​​​​​​Kind regards,
Angélica

I have tested this reset and can confirm it works! I'm now able to login with JIRA and federated account in a normal browser window. Thank you Angélica!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Worked for me too. Thanks for your help!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Marco Antonio Heredia Valdez,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

This error appears when there is cached information from a previous login and some extensions on your browser may also be preventing you from login.

Please, make sure Edge is on the latest version, clear the cookies and cache, and most importantly, disable the browser extension manually and then, you can try enabling one by one and test to check which one may be causing the issue.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Facing the same issue for about a week now.

Edge is on latest version, cookies and cache cleared, no extensions: cannot login in normal mode, works in private browsing

Latest Chrome: No problem with login, works with JIRA account and federated login as well.

0 votes

Hello Trevor,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you are facing this issue only on Edge, but not other browsers, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can access Jira normally using Chrome or Firefox, it means that there is nothing wrong with your account, but some issue with the browser.

• Can you please check if Edge is on the latest version?
  • Please, clear cookies and cache and try again.
  • Turn off or remove any extensions on Edge to make sure that nothing is blocking your access to Jira.
  • You may also try the InPrivate mode on Edge.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

After clearing Cookies and cache it works up to a point. But once I put my credentials in it gives the same error. So clear press the try again button and does not work. However, after clearing Cookies and cache again it works up to the same point.

So only half solved. Someone said ATLASSIAN made a change that makes it incompatible with Edge. However I am able to work in Chrome. But, this is cumbersome as most of my other stuff is in Microsoft 356.  

Hi Trevor,

Atlassian Cloud products are compatible with Microsoft Edge, only Internet Explorer 11 that is no longer supported. 

Please, check if your browser is on the latest version. 

I got the same error in Edge, but in Chrome is working fine.

We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again.

Any idea how to solve it and run in Edge?

Same here. Only just started happening yesterday. Why I ask.

Have the latest version of Edge.

After clearing cache and cookies the problem still persists after login.

According to Edge I don't have any extensions installed

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across Jira Cloud instance.   📢 Get y...

61 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you