I cant Access Jira When i add a new User from CROWD

Khaled Abdo August 20, 2011

Dears ,

I am new to Jira and all Atlassian products, when I added Users from CROWD its work for all other atlassians like (Bamboo , Conflunce ) but i cant Access Jira from the users i add.

Plus ,

when i Add or Remove Users from Jira groups in Crowd its work, but i cant see this from Group Browser in JIRA , i mean the effect from crowd dont apply for jira.

when i try to edit members from JIRA this error occures

Cannot edit group memberships, as external user management is enabled. Contact your administrator

Any Help ?

Regards

KJA

3 answers

0 votes

I added a new Directory for Crowd the i disabled the original one, now i cant access JIRA from the users i have,

how i can enable crowd directory in JIRA

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2011

In Crowd, go to the Applications tab and select JIRA. Go to the Authentication Tab, and attempt to log into JIRA there. If this doesn't pass, then you have incorrect groups or directories set for the JIRA application.

In regards to the group browser in JIRA, you are probably just seeing ALL groups that are in a directory assigned to JIRA in crowd. This is normal (and really a bug I think). The best place to test that authentication and group assignment is correct, is crowd (as described in the above paragraph)

For external user management, what this error is saying is JIRA has disable editing users and groups so to force you to use Crowd. if you are only using an internal Crowd directory in Crowd for your users it is probably safe to switch this setting back to off. It is under general configuration in Administration (in JIRA)

In crowd i attempt to log into jira, and its worked ,

Where i can Find the error logs for Failed Login

I already have to users from Jira, Admin and another user,

i added users in CROWD but i cant logged into jira ,

0 votes
Bob Swift (personal)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2011

There is a delay before JIRA recognizes the change in Crowd. Usually up to an hour for JIRA to get the changes. There is an open request to change that behavior.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2011

In JIRA 4.3x+ (i.e. embedded crowd) you can force a sync against crowd to overcome that

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events