I can't find the "Fix version" field in the issue type

Sara Soboh June 17, 2022

I've created a project, add a release version number, and navigate to Project settings -> issue type -> bug, to add the "fix version" field to the issue type.

I couldn't find the fix version

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hi @Sara Soboh  It seems that you are using Team Managed project, that's why Fix Version not visible. 

Kindly enable Releases  in Project Settings >> Features >> Enabled "Releases" under Development section. 

Similar post :- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/In-a-new-Team-Managed-Project-quot-Fix-Version-quot-option-is/qaq-p/1838383

Thanks

V.Y

Matthias Heyde December 20, 2022

Hi,
We are having the same issue but the Release is activated.

I can add tickets to the Release. I can also see the panel "Fix Version" in the issue layout configuration and have also moved it to the visible area but for some reason I am not able to have the "Fix Version" being displayed on the ticket

I hope you can help.
Thx

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

Hi @Matthias Heyde ,

Are you able to see fix version field when creating a new issue using create button ? 

Matthias Heyde December 20, 2022

We just tested it.
Yes I am, but I am not sure why I am not able to add this to existing tickets.

Thank you

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2022

Hi @Matthias Heyde  for existing issues If the field is empty, it’s hidden. Select Show x more fields when viewing an issue to interact with hidden fields.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-an-issues-fields-in-team-managed-projects/

Matthias Heyde December 21, 2022

hi @Vikrant Yadav I assumed the same but it was already in the visible area. I even made the field a "Required" field but still it did not show. My only assumption is that because these Tickets are existing tickets, that the Release is only available on Tickets which have been created after the the Release function had been activated.

Thx.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2022

@Matthias Heyde  In Team Managed projects, when you enable Releases from Features  >> Fix version field added to all existing issues as well, but field is empty. I am not able to recreate same issue on my instance. It seems to be permission issue. Check your Access on this project. Do you have Development tool access ?

Try to Bulk update for the existing issues.

Thanks

V.Y

Matthias Heyde December 22, 2022

@Vikrant Yadav yes I have access to the to it.
I don't know why but now it is showing on all tickets. 

I am confused but thank you for your support.

Thank you

Matt

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
0 votes
Wesly Huang February 8, 2023

Hi @Vikrant Yadav @John Funk, I got a similar problem and would like to seek your advice as well, would you kindly help?

1. I'm using the Team-managed project and just enabled the "Release" feature in the project settings yesterday.
  2. I got the "Release" section and can create a release and then add issues to the release accordingly.
  3. after the above steps, I "was" able to select the fixed version when creating new issues.
  4. but up to this point, I can't find the "fixed version" filed in the issue fields. (even in the hidden fields)
  5. I went to project settings --> Issue types to go through fields of each issue type, can't find the "fixed version" field to add. then I tried to move some less-used fields to the "hide when empty" section.
  6. the situation got worse, now I can't see the "fixed version" even when creating new issues. (still can pick issues to a release in the "release" section though)

Checked the information above including the links to other posts, but not sure if I missed anything. Thanks.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2023

If the field was not added to the Issue Type when you turned on the Release feature, then you probably need to contact Atlassian Support for assistance. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Wesly Huang February 9, 2023

Thanks for John's advice. I'll contact Atlassian Support then!

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Hi Sara,

The Fix Version field needs to be added to the screen, also. 

What type of project are you using? 

Sara Soboh June 17, 2022

Hi John,

It turns out that the "Release" under the features was not enabled.

Thank you.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Very good - did not realize you were using a Team-managed project.  :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events