I am not able to update any license in my self hosted JIRA

Digi Vine March 7, 2019

I have starter license for JIRA core . I need to use JIRA software license also few more licenses .But when I go to Application window in Administration . I got Paste license linke .It is   total inactive as shown in image .There is no pop up .Jira issue.PNG Also There is some add on issue shown in system update 

Jira issue_2.PNG

But when I click on universal Plug in manager it pops up to next widow it says "

Oops, you've found a dead link." 

Jira issue_3.PNGPlease let us know how to solve this .I need to use other licenses .

2 answers

0 votes
Petr Vaníček
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2019

Are you using Jira behind proxy?

If yes and steps provided by @Shannon S doesn't help, can you share some more details?

• your configuration of Tomcat in INSTALL-DIR/conf/server.xml
  • your configuration of proxy server (Apache, Nginx,...)
  • from which version did you made upgrade?
  • log from INSTALL-DIR/logs/catalina.out (paste in code block - not as text - here or on pastebin.com for example a here just link it)
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello,

Can you first remove everything from <Jira Home>/plugins/installed-plugins, and then try to add Jira Software again?

If that doesn't work, try the following:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Clean the plugin cache (which might be corrupted due to the previously mentioned instability in the environment), these directories are generated automatically on Jira start:
    • $JIRA-Home/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    • $JIRA-Home/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  3. Run the following SQL command in your JIRA database to re-enable all apps (this is a fairly harmless update but we always suggest making a backup of the database before any modifications):
    UPDATE pluginstate SET pluginenabled='true' where pluginenabled = 'false'
  4. Increase the plugin timeout period to at 300 seconds or more by adding the *-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300* argument to the JIRA application startup arguments (to know how to do this, check your scenario and follow the instructions from the guide Setting properties and options on startup).
  5. Start JIRA
  6. Verify Jira started correctly and with all the functionalities enabled again.

Do let us know how this goes!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer