I am not able to close the sprint which I created, what should I do

Nilesh Devikar April 16, 2024

I am the admin of my project in Jira and I was able to close the sprint regularly. But today found out I was not able to close the sprint which I had created. there is no change in the  access for the Scrum Master or other role.

All my tasks are closed. and the Jira system gives me error to contact the admin. I am not sure whom to contact as I am the Admin for this project.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Nilesh Devikar 

Please check if you have Manage Sprint permission. If your board contain issue from many projects. Make sure that you have the above permission in all projects.

Also check your board filters, it might be that certain tasks are hidden by the filter, but they still will block your sprint.

Hope this helps!

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 16, 2024

@Nilesh Devikar Please accept my answer if you find it useful 
Thanks!

Nilesh Devikar April 16, 2024

Hello @Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet  - Thank you for your response. where can i find the "Manage Sprint permission"

Marketplace Partner
April 16, 2024

@Nilesh Devikar go to “Project settings“ > “Permissions“  > “Manage Sprints

0 votes
Answer accepted
abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

Please check if you have Manage Sprint permission. If your board contain issue from many projects. Make sure that you have the above permission in all projects.

Also check your board filters, it might be that certain tasks are hidden by the filter, but they still will block your sprint.

Nilesh Devikar April 18, 2024

@abhishek_sharma03 I had the permission to manage Sprint. was able to close the sprint after making changes in Board Filter. Thanks a lot for your help

Like abhishek_sharma03 likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events