How we will incorporate product SDLC management in JIRA?

S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

Hi,

We are implementing SDLC lifecycle using JIRA/Greenhopper for our product based company. Can we have any sample case from JIRA/GH to for building up this functionality.

I will give a sample requirement:

We have an external requests that may turn into global backlog by our product manager. Based on the type of product individual project will pick up backlog tasks into their sprint. I need to understand the raising bug facility or what is the best practice for raising bugs in AGILE for particualr User story so that we can get report like, for X backlog items how many bugs got created in which sprint.

Regards,

Shruti

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2012

It's quite hard to answer this question. Jira is immensely flexible, and can be adapted to handle all sorts of things, so we can't actually say "oh you need to do X, Y and Z". On top of that, it's very fuzzy what SDLC might be.

I'm afraid the best answer is actually for you to do more research - look at Agile guidance, think about what shape your SDLC processes should be, and then come back and simply try to do it in Jira.

To answer your sample requirement - yes, that's easy in Jira. Raise issues in the Jira project, use Agile to get the developers to work through the issues and then you can just look at release notes for your versions/sprints to see what they managed. Or the Agile reports/gadgets, or your own filters, or, or, or...

Suggest an answer