How we get Story Points of All Epics with Generic way?

Ravindra Patidar July 8, 2019

Is there a way to get Story Points from an Issue using the JIRA Agile REST API? I don't see anything in the documentation.

I was trying to access the information using:

rest/api/latest/issue/TEST-2

But on the returned JSON there's no field that looks like Story Points. The only field that stores a similar value is "customfield_12310293" but the name is not that descriptive.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

Hi @Ravindra Patidar 

Story points is a "system custom field" in that each instance of Jira uses a different number e.g. in my Jira instance, Story Points is as shown below

Screenshot_7.jpg

It won't change, so if you know that customfield_12310293 is your field for Story Points, you will always be able to use it

Ravindra Patidar July 9, 2019

There is no way to use same key for story point value for all jira instances, because How I know customfield_Id of another User.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2019

Hi @Ravindra Patidar 

This has nothing to do with the user. The custom field is system wide, so any user looking at the issues from any project within your Jira will be able to use the same custom field number for Story Points.

If that isn't what you're trying to say, please try to rephrase the question, otherwise I don't see what your concern is.

I want to say - How I know customfield_Id for another instance of JIRA, Thats why I need Common Key for storyPoint Value.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2019

Hi @Ravindra Patidar 

Okay, if you're talking about multiple instances of Jira, that is completely different.

You will then need to look at the API documentation, in particular the issue metadata, which will tell you what the field is. Also, the above link is the whole cloud API doc, so you can use it as required

Thanks @Warren  :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events