How to view Sprint Report with new version of Jira

Daljeet Singh Saluja July 23, 2019

I am not able to view Sprint Report with new version of Jira. With Classic verion everything works fine but with new version things are messed up. As of now I can only see BurnDown and Velocity report

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2019

Hello Daljeet,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Unfortunately, It's not possible to use Sprint Reports in Next-gen projects. In fact, the Next-gen template was designed for those users who felt overwhelmed by the complexity of JIRA Classic template and requested a simpler option, straight to the point with fewer options of customization.

That being said, based on your feedback and in the feedback from other customers too, we understand that a bigger variety of Reports is a useful feature to have in Next-gen. That's why we have created the feature request below to implement the Sprint reports for Next-gen projects:

Sprint report in Next-gen

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, I suggest you use classic projects to access Sprint Reports.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Daljeet Singh Saluja July 29, 2019

Hi Team,

Thanks for your reply, Is it possible to move to Classic Jira from Next-gen Jira? I have cloud version of Nextgen Jira and need Sprint report section as it is not supported in the current version and hence I would like to move to Classic Jira, could you please help me with this?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

You are welcome, Daljeet.

Yes, you can follow the steps in the documentation below to properly move your Next-gen Issues to a Classic project:

Migrate between next-gen and classic projects

There are three things you must keep in mind when migrating to a Classic project:

• ReportsReports data won't be saved. Even though your issues will be retained, data for your project's Velocity and Burnup reports won't transfer over and will be lost.
  • Story points estimation: This data will be lost. This is because the custom field that Jira uses to store estimates in classic projects (Story points) is different from the custom field used in next-gen projects (Story point estimate). 
  • Epics: You will need to rebuild all the Epic relationship with your current Stories.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Daljeet Singh Saluja July 29, 2019

Hi Team,

Thanks for sharing updates and heads up on features that I am going to miss during migration activity. I have one last question, after migrating from new to old Jira my plan cost will remain same, is this understanding correct?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2019

Hello Daljeet,

Both JIRA Classic and JIRA next-gen are templates of the same JIRA Software Application. 

That being said, you are correct in saying that you will not have any changes in the cost of your JIRA license.

Let me know if you face any other questions performing the migration.

Suggest an answer