How to use story points in burndown chart dashboard gadget?

Jake Harris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2018

Don't see any way to change from hours -> points in the _dashboard gadget_. 

1 answer

1 vote
Andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2018

The burndown chart (and the gadget) is connected to the scrum boards configuration. You have to change the "estimation" setting of that board from hours to story points.

Board > Configure > Estimation > Estimation Statistic

Noam Guttman December 23, 2019

Thanks for the info @Andreas 
I have a question on this topic: How is the "Remaining Values" (the red line in the Burn-down chart) calculated? If a ticket is closed / verified / resolved does the red line go down?

Thanks!

Like Linda Hufland likes this
Andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2020

The "Remaining Values" are the sum of all estimates of tickets that are part of the sprint (have the sprint in question in their "sprint" field) and do not have reached a status mapped to the right-most column of the scrum board.

So if "Closed" is mapped to the right-most column of your scrum board and "Resolved" is mapped to the column before that, tickets only burn down of they are closed. If you have "Resolved" and "Closed" mapped to the same column and this is the "last"/ right-most one, tickets burn down as soon as they are resolved. 

Like Noam Guttman likes this

Suggest an answer