How to store the checklist data, creating a checklist plugin.

Atul Patil July 9, 2018

I am working on a Jira checklist plugin, I want to store the checklist data into Jira's DB. I have created the frontend, now I am stuck how to read and write those checklist data associated with the individual project. 

2 answers

1 vote
Yves Riel _Okapya_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2018

Hi Atul,

If you want to create a checklist, you should create a customfield and derive from a GenericTextCFType. Then you simply create whatever internal format you want as long as it's text based. JSON would be a good one but you can use XML, YAML, etc.

Start by following this tutorial:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-field-type/

Then, you'll be able to store your data by issue.

Yves

Maker of Checklist for Jira

1 vote
Olga Rusnak
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 9, 2018

Hi Atul, great question!

Actually, our team implemented a Jira checklist (Smart Checklist for Jira) which stores all data in Jira DB. You can check it out! It has both cloud and server versions! 

Atul Patil July 9, 2018

Thank you for the quick response.

Actually, I tried it and its good too, but I want to learn how to create it. I am a student and want to explore in this field. Any kind of lead would help. 

Thanks

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

Hey Atul,

You can use Jira Entity Properties to store the data

Check the documentation:

Cheers,

Pavel

Atul Patil July 9, 2018

Thanks, @Pavel Pavlovsky _Railsware_ it seems a good option

Thanks 

Atul

Yves Riel _Okapya_
Marketplace Partner
July 9, 2018

Moved to an answer on its own ...

Suggest an answer