How to show a field based on the value of another field?

tom1443 November 22, 2017

Hi,

I'm working on a small addition to an issue type for someone and ideally it would be be good to be able to show additional fields based on the value of another field.

So I have 4 single choice drop-down fields: Area, sub-area 1, sub-area 2 and sub-area 3.

I would like to show sub-area 1 if the value of area isn't "None" and so on. Is there a way to easily do this?

Thanks

4 answers

5 votes
Ethan Foulkes November 22, 2017

Hi Tom,

You can do this using the Power Scripts add-on, which can also do countless other things you will likely want to do with Jira.

Here is a video tutorial walking you through how to show and hide custom fields based on selection in another field.

I hope this helps!

0 votes
Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Hello,

please try the custom fields "Select List (Cascading)" field type in your project-config menu

0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Hi,

Have a look at "Cascading Select list" custom field type, that might fulfil your needs. It allows you to configure two level select options. 

Ex. For parent 'Value 1', there could be multiple select options a, b c etc.. for 'Value 2' there could be different options x, y, z etc and so on..

tom1443 November 22, 2017

This won't be useful in this instance as cascading can only have 2 lists, thanks anyway though.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2017

Hello @tom1443

JIRA out of the box doesn't support such manipulation of fields (show/hide). Easiest way to do it is to use "behaviour plugin" which is part of script runner plugin.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Some examples here -

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/behaviours-overview.html#_hidden_fields

Suggest an answer