How to setup user access product to other site?

Neranchara Kaewsiri January 22, 2021

Hi 

I have 2 site  under one organization.

How to setup user in site 2 joining to site 1 ?

2 answers

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

You could use some app to syncronize those two instances (for example, exalate or similar) Look for "synchronization" in the app market. 

If that's not your use case please come back and elaborate.

Neranchara Kaewsiri January 22, 2021

13426893108917.jpg

i mean, user under Site B have the privilege to access Site A. 

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Yes, that's what apps focusing on synchronization of jira instances are for. But through "simulating" that. I mean jira_A has its users (A.1, A.2, ...) eand jira_B has its own (B.1, B.2, ...). 

Of course you can setup a LDAP server so every user will login both in jira_A and jira_B using the very same credentials, managed by the LDAP server.

What you can't do is having 2 different 10-user-tier instances and have them act as one 25-user-tier instance. I believe the reason is pretty clear if you try to walk a mile in atlassian's shoes.

So, to summarize. It can be simulated, very well simulated in fact. For the end user can be transparent but this is not simply a configuration issue in vanila jira, you'll need aditional (paid) apps.

Consider the cost/benefit of pursuing this instead of upgrading your tier license and make a decision. I've tried some of this sync options in the past for puntual needs I had and they seemed ok to me.

I hope it helps.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2021

Hi @Neranchara Kaewsiri

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understood you correctly you probably had two sites under two organisations and transferred one site into your organisation so it now holds more than one site, for example you did according to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/transfer-products-to-another-organization-967318518.html

Although this does not explain why "Site B" box in your sketch is empty I assume this is the case, if not, please correct us.

If so, you can use admin.atlassian.com to configure User Management as needed.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/user-management-differences-in-cloud-and-server-979431393.html

In case it is unclear you could add a screenshot which sites and organisation(s) are currently installed.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer