How to set integrity Check workflow current step entries 504 Gateway Time-out ?

Hari Kadhanagal April 23, 2018

when i am trying to do integrity checker for Check workflow current step entries got 504 Gateway Time-out. How to set this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2018

Dear @Hari Kadhanagal,

I guess you have a proxy in front of your Jira. This is terminating the request before Jira can respond.

Just increase the timeout. Have a look at my latest article. There you can see the timeout settings for nginx as a proxy. For apache or other proxies it works in a similar way.

My recommendation - set it at least to 6 minutes.

So long

Thomas

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Thomas is correct.   This kind of timeout typically happens because of a proxy limit for a request that takes a very long time in Jira.    I agree that extending the proxy timeout can help here.  

Alternatively, you can create another connector so the Jira site could be accessed on an alternative port that then bypasses your proxy, as described in How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity.   With this in place, you could then access the site on that other port, such as hostname:port or even from the jira server directly on localhost:port.  This way we can avoid the proxy and in turn you should be able to complete this integrity check from the localhost if your Jira server is not a headless machine.

Like Chandrasekhar Anne likes this
Hari Kadhanagal April 24, 2018

Thanks! It might works, Instead of changing proxy time out, i have accessed  jira with Ip address instead of base url then  i did  integrity checker i did not notice Gateway time out error. it's working now.

Br,

Hari

Suggest an answer