How to send an email notification when a custom field is updated.

anil musunuru November 13, 2018

I have a custom field named "X" which is a user picker. When this custom field is updated with users, I'd like JIRA to send email to that users in the field "X" .How to do it in this particular way?

Creating new Jira event that uses the issue updated template and notification template that sends the email notification to the Users in custom field "X" when the event is triggered. And creating an event listener that will look for a change in the field "X" and fire the new event when detected.

Thanks,

Mak

4 answers

1 vote
khalid el koundi November 13, 2018

Hi Anil,

You can use Jira Automation Plugin to trigger the event when the custom field is updated.
Then you can use the notification scheme to send the notification to the users in that custom field.

Cheers

-Khalid 

anil musunuru November 14, 2018

I cant use Jira Automation plugin, i am looking for Script listeners to do the job.

0 votes
Shubham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 5, 2019

Any suggestion on this ?? how to achieve this

0 votes

Created a new custom event "Y" and assigned notification scheme to it and added custom field value notifications to the scheme, and also assigned issue updated template as default template to the new Event "Y". How to proceed from here, should i be creating a custom listener to send emails, if so can anyone help me.

Thanks,

Anil

0 votes
Alvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @anil musunuru , you can use changelog event on checking values of a custom field. and you can use listener to fire an email notification everytime that field changes value. if you are referring to a transition on workflow, you can use post function

I am not talking about workflows, do you have any Custom listener scripts to fire an email notification.

Suggest an answer