How to see story points in Backlog

Leo January 29, 2021

Hi guys,
Do you know how can I set Story points in the Backlog view?
The project is a Classic Jira Project, I have been checking the views and configurations on the project but there is nothing about it.
Thank you for the help.

Untitled.png

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

are you wanting to "see" them in the backlog on the individual issues OR are you wanting to be able to be able to edit them?

if you want to view them in the backlog then - board settings > card layout and add story points (limit of 3 fields)

if you don't have the SP field displayed then ensure you have it set under Estimation as @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH indicates. Be sure the SP field is added to your edit issue screen

Leo January 29, 2021

I followed both your answers guys, thanks, I went here but I'm not sure if this is the right form because after I set it like this, I couldn't see any story points
Untitled.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Try the "estimation" page if you need to tell the board to estimate on story points (and hence see their sum at the top of the column in the backlog)

If you just want to see them on the cards, use the dropdowns in your screenshot to select story-points.

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Hello @Leo ,

go to board settings --> Estimation -->  choose "Story Points".

Thanks.

0 votes
Leo February 2, 2021

Hi guys, thank you so much for your help and time, I just found out that for the Story points and need to enable them in the Project and then add the Project context in the Custom field lane, it is a very specific part in the whole configuration of Jira.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events