How to post update in jira for a group of users' generic dashboard?

Mahmudul Anam January 15, 2012

Hi,

I am new in jira. Could any one tell me how to post a update in jira for specific users and only they can see the update in their generic dashboard?

Thanks

Anam

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2012

What do you mean by "update"?

Mahmudul Anam January 16, 2012

I want to post an announcement in jira for specific user group. If I post the announcement it will be available for all users. But I want it for specific user group who will see the update in their dashboard

Thanks
Anam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2012

Ah, ok. I can't think of any proven way to do that, but I suspect you could look into

1. Adding javascript to the announcement banner that says "if user in group X, then show this bit"
  2. Using the text gadget on the default dashboard to do the same
  3. (Ugly, but needs no code) Add a project gadget, showing the brief view of a brand new project. Configure the project so that
    1. Only that group can browse it
    2. The name of the project is the message you want to publish
    3. No-one can create issues in it
Mahmudul Anam January 16, 2012

Hi Nic,
Thank for your reply. As we are in the live we have no chance to test it. Is there any proven way to do this?

Thanks
Anam

Suggest an answer