How to populate select list custom field from a database.

Meena Sabnivisu April 27, 2018

Hi,

I have a single select dropdown custom field and I want to populate that dropdown list with some values which are stored in db. Can any one suggest how I can do that.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2018

You would need a plugin like ScriptRunner, nFeed or Power Database Fields Pro.

If you want to develop your own plugin, then create a custom field, which would be inherited from the calculated field. Then code database access via jdbc or anything you like.

Francesc Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2018

I would discart ScriptRunner for this.

If @Meena Sabnivisu has a database, the best solution is nFeed on Power Database.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

Scripted Fields in ScriptRunner can connect to databases

Francesc Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2018

Yes, you're right. However, I prefer the other apps you suggested :-)

Suggest an answer