How to only show open sprints in issues list view?

Justin Demmers February 7, 2018

Hello,

I am using the list view in jira to get an overview of all my issues. But it also shows completed sprints for a ticket (because the sprint is completed the ticket is moved to the next sprint) in the overview. How can I filter out so it only shows open sprints?

Example:
NOT: 22 JAN T/M 02 FEB 2018, 05 FEB T/M 16 FEB 2018, 05 FEB T/M 16 FEB 2018 (NEW)
BUT ONLY: 05 FEB T/M 16 FEB 2018 (NEW)

Advanced now showing:
project = EX AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY updated DESC

Thanks

jira.png

How can I show only open sprints in list view?

2 answers

0 votes
Brian Schott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2019

sprint in openSprints()

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

I do not think it is possible out of the box. You should wirte your own custom field for it. You could use Power Custom Fields (it is a free add-on) or Scriptrunner.

Justin Demmers February 8, 2018

Hmm, used a work around by removing completed sprints from the tickets (with bulk edit).

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

But you would need to do it all the time. Because sprints will be closed in the future.

Justin Demmers February 8, 2018

True, will try that plugin.

Suggest an answer