How to notify the component lead when the issue is updated with a new component?

devsuresh2005 April 22, 2021

Hi All,

Any inputs on my issue will be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Here is my scenario, all the customer request are by default tagged by a particular component (ex: SD) and I have set the notification for the SD component lead to getting notified when the issue is created. Now there are few use cases that the SD team needs to redirect the ticket to some other team (i.e., tagging some other component ex: FD), in this case whenever the issue got updated with new components I wanted to notify that particular new component lead. How can I do it?

Thanks.

3 answers

1 vote
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 23, 2021

Hi @devsuresh2005 ,

If you're looking for a short-term solution, I'd like to recommend having a look at Jira Workflow Toolbox and its built-in automation rules feature.

When dealing with single components, a simple rule like

community_component-alert03.PNG

could alert your component leads via '@ mentions' as a comment, e.g.

community_component-alert02.PNG

If you prefer an email without adding a comment, there is a dedicated send email action as well. Besides, those rules can obviously be restricted to projects/issue types/etc. using conditions.

If you have further questions, e.g. how to configure a rule that works for multiple components, let me know.

Cheers
Thorsten

Disclaimer: I'm part of the team behind the aforementioned app.

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @devsuresh2005  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No; it is not possible yet to use the Component Lead attribute as a smart value from an automation rule.  Here are the two backlog items which would make that possible:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-123

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-917

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Bruno Barbosa April 22, 2021

You can easily do this in JIRA automation available in the project settings.

auto.png

The trigger can be the update of the issue, you can place a condition for a specific component and then include the action of notifying.

Hera an example:

automatio.png

Instead of sending an email you can add a watcher.

Suggest an answer