How to make certain issues only editable for a few people?

Imre Kovács
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2019

Inside the main project i'd like to seperate a couple of issues away from the rest of the "normal" issues, and make them browseable and editeable only for certain people (management).  How could i set up something like this in an already existing and somewhat big project? 

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2019

Hi @Imre Kovács,

please read this article about issue-level-security:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html

I think that's what you're looking for.

Imre Kovács
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2019

First of all thanks, i'm somewhat familiar with these. However what i'm trying to do is have two types of accessibility schemes on the same issue type inside a project.

So let's say i have an issue type called "Question", people can create and edit "Question" issues but also Users from Management can to create "Question" issues too and i want to set these tickets to only be browseable for said Management Users. I hope i'm somewhat clear on my problem.

Suggest an answer