How to load web resources in velocity template?

Влад_Демидик July 10, 2018

Hello, i develop plugin for jira.

I have following resources in my xml file. Can someone show example how to use it in velocity template?

image.png

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

Hello,

You should add to your velocity template something like this:

$webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext("pluginkey:jira-plugin-resources")

You can find the plugin key of your plugin in the add-on sections, after you installed your add-on.

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2018

@Alexey Matveev looks you've mixed up requireResourcesForContext and requireResource

$webResourceManager.requireResourcesForContext takes context value as a parameter. In this case it will be "jira-plugin"

$webResourceManager.requireResource takes resource key in format "pluginkey:modulekey".

Thanks. And after how to require it in template?

I should call another function? (just a resource name doesn't work)

image.png

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

@Mikhail_Kopylov thank you. It must be

$webResourceManager.requireResources("pluginkey:jira-plugin-resources")

You do not need to add the script tag. Your script is already loaded. Try to put alert into your js file and you will see the alert pop-up.

Mikhail_Kopylov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

$webResourceManager.requireResource("pluginkey:jira-plugin-resources") actually :)

Thanks, it works. I became js and css files.

But how to load images?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events