How to implement dependent enumeration in jira like ibm rtc

Venkateswara Kumar November 20, 2018

Hi ,

I want to implement dependency enumeration in jira like ibm rtc and which is take the values from the CSV file , as of now i couldn't found any related exactly what we are looking for !!, In jira cascading enumeration is there , but it is differ from dependent enumeration.
If groovy script is possible to implement, kindly share the code ...otherwise suggest me possible way to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2018

You'll need to explain what you mean by "enumeration" (and what you're doing with CSV).  Enumeration could mean a lot of things, but without the context in which you are using it, we can't guess what you're talking about.

Venkateswara Kumar November 21, 2018

Thanks Nic for your reply,

Actual scenario is, we have three drop downs (Country, State , City), each drop down have multiple values, if i select option in country ,the respected states, city's will auto populated based on the option what we selected in the country drop down. 

And these input drop down values has given by the end user from CSV file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2018

Each one of those drop-downs should be a "cascading select" field in Jira.

You can import data from CSV into them by using the structure described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html

Venkateswara Kumar November 22, 2018

Hi Nic, 

Thanks for the reply, if we are using cascading select field in jira, i will be populated like 
Casacading select jira.PNG

in the above image, based on the state , we can select the cities based on the mapping , but i want to implement the scenario from the individual drop downs ,Actually there is a way to implement by using this plugin"

Multi-Level Cascading Select

am looking for the possibility without using this plugin, please see the below image more elaborated.
multi level cascading.PNG
Kindly suggest on this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2018

You will need the multi-level cascading select if you want more than the two layers the cascading select does.

You could also do it with Behaviours in the Scriptrunner app and several independent fields, but although I like SR, this is something I'd still look at the MLCS for, as it's a lot easier!

Venkateswara Kumar November 25, 2018

Thanks a lot Nic 100 times, for your valuable information,

Am new to jira, trying to implement without installing MLCS plugin.

And i installed script runner plugin could you please how to implement MLCS by using "Behaviours" ,am little bit confused about mapping the two dropdown fields mapping , kindly help me!!
Any script needed to map the values from 1st dropdown values to second dropdown values automatically, please help me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events