How to have stories in a new issue type named Goal (like in Epic). Please see below for details

Amit Baranwal November 20, 2018

I created a new issue type Goal. I also created a hierarchy where it is at same level as Epic using Portfolio for JIRA. In any Epic issue type, I can see stories which are part of that Epic in the section "Issues in Epic". I want a similar thing for new issue type Goal. That is have a section like "Issues in Goal". Yes, I can link stories to Goal.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

Epics in Software are built to function differently to other issue types.

While Portfolio allows you to see other types as being at the same "level" as Epics, they do not become Epics and gain all their functions.  Your goals remain standard issue types with no epic functions.

Thanks for prompt response Nic. Goal issue type has some custom fields. Is it possible to rename Epic to Goal and add custom fields to this renamed Epic. I was able to rename Epic but it did not seem to have effect as while I wanted to create issue, I still saw Epic as the choice. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

It is possible to rename Epic, but it's not a simple "rename".  It's a massive pain and can cause some "interesting" problems, especially during upgrades and with add-ons.  I can't recommend that you do it.

Like Amit Baranwal likes this

Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events