How to fix the gadget.common.error.500 on dashbaord ?

Srinivasa Ragavan Ayyakutti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2021

Getting gadget.common.error.500 error on the dashboard. 

Jira version : 8.13.3

Https Only : Yes

Port # : 8443

Cert Type : JKSgadget-error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

This error means that the Jira server cannot reach itself over your network.

The two most common causes of this I see are

• Poorly configured networks that don't allow the Jira server to resolve and connect to its own base url
  • Incorrect SSL settings - the Jira server can connect to itself, but has not been configured with an SSL certificate to negotiate the connection correctly

It is usually the second one, which is a bit more complex to diagnose.  But first, log into the Jira server and try "nslookup <your jira base url>" - if that comes back with a valid response, then try a wget on it - you'll get a block of text that either contains the html for the login page (if everything is set up right) or an error message that will tell you more.

Srinivasa Ragavan Ayyakutti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 2, 2021

Seems to be a SSL issue. Added the certificate to the Java trust store. The error is rectified.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events