How to exclude one of the labels from Pie chart

Sebastian Szymanek January 12, 2022

Hi everyone,

In my Pie chart currently shows 3 labels: A;B;C and I would like to exclude one of them for example option C.

I have tried the below solution:

project = "XYZ" AND labels in (A,B) AND labels not in (C) - but this option canceled the epic where we have both labels together A and C.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Sebastian

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

If having A+C should be included, then you don't need to filter away C, you could just keep

project = XYZ and labels in (A,B)

And this, based on the requirement, should include the correct issues. It will not show you if something is C, it will show you if something is A or B, and it will also show you if something has (A or B) AND C

You will still see the C in the pie chart, but that's how it is - the value is there, if you want to exclude it, you would need to exclude the issue, which I presume is not what you want.

That's how the Pie Chart works, it doesn't have any option to "ignore" a value, if that issue has it.

However I don't know of a reporting app that can exclude specific values like this, so this is just a walk-by comment on the topic of labels.

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2022

I believe that if we are sticking to the Pie Chart, you would need to find a way to "duplicate" the labels to a different field, skipping the C value. Then do the pie chart based on that other field, which doesn't have C. But then we are getting to a bigger problem, copying the values and keeping them in sync and such.. well it's a bit pain to maintain.

Or maybe depending on your use case, the C could be done via a different field and not a label, but that's very situational, just an idea though.

Like Sebastian Szymanek likes this
Sebastian Szymanek January 17, 2022

Hi Radek, thank you for your reply. In my case C shouldn't be presented on Pie Chart but data (other Epics) with other labels must be included in summary of Pie Chart. What I mean is for example one label have both labels in place A.C and other. I want to present this information and my Pie Chart should take into consideration only part A and C should be skipped.

Suggest an answer