How to disable drag and drop feature in filter result?

Yuriy Glushanin September 4, 2018

Hi All,

I want to copy, for example, "Summary" of my JIRA ticket into the clipboard. For this purpose I open my JIRA filter page (for example, /issues/?filter=74539) and see list of tickets. Unfortunately, I cannot select the text with the mouse due to drag and drop feature.

In other words, I need the same behavior as in "Filter Results" gadget on dashboards where I can select any text ("Key", "Summary", etc.) without drag-n-droping.

Could you please tell me is it possible to disable drag and drop feature on JIRA filter page for my user in JIRA v.7.6.6?

Thank you in advance, Yuriy.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2018

There is an open bug report related to the fact that drag and drop is enabled on this page but should not be - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66473 It includes a workaround that I have not tried, but you may wish to give it a go.

Thank you, Payne, the mentioned bug looks similar to my case. Will check proposed WA. Added into watchers and voted :)

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hello Yuriy,

If you click on the Change view Icon at the right side of the filter bar, you will be able to select the List View where you can copy/paste the content of the fields without needing the drag and drop feature:

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 14.43.00.png

Thank you for your response, but my problem is exactly about List View of filter result page.

I found the following funny effect: the drag-and-drop feature exists for several projects only, but not for all of them. For example, I can copy the contend of the fields for project=TEST1 filter, but have drag-and-drop for project=TEST2 filter. Is this feature configurable on project level? Or in settings of the filter?

I don't have drag-and-drop for project=TEST1 or project=TEST2 filter result.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2018

Hello Yuriy,

That's a really strange behavior. Please, provide us with the following information so we can better troubleshoot the issue:

- You mentioned that the drag-and-drop feature exists for several projects only, but not for all of them. That being said, If you only change the project parameter in the filter bar from TEST1 to TEST2 the drag-and-drop feature is turned-on?

- Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud?

- What are both project types?

Yes, correct. My step-by-step use case is the following:

1. I clicked on New Filter button (/issues/?jql=)
  2. Write simple filter: project = TEST1 (sorry, I am not allowed to share real customer's project name)
  3. After submitting the form (/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEST1), I can select and copy any text in Key, Summary, Assignee, etc. columns
  4. I changed the filter to project = TEST2 on the same page
  5. After submitting the form (/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEST2), I cannot select text due to drag-and-drop (even cursor of my mouse is changed).

>> Are you using JIRA Server or Cloud?

I am not sure, but I assume this is JIRA Server (because the address is https://issues.<company>.com). Version in the footer:

Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v7.6.6#76008-sha1:5b9e291)

>> What are both project types?

Sorry, I don't know possible types of JIRA projects. For me both projects have the same type, just to track our project tasks in our standard flow. The only difference for me: my user added into ADMINISTRATORS and PROJECT-ADMIN group in the project with drag-and-drop feature (TEST2). I am just regular user in the project with normal behavior (TEST1).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events