How to disable Schedule Issue button?

Sarah Jordan June 1, 2021

When I look at the details of an issue in a closed state, I see that the Schedule Issue button is enabled.  How to disable this button for issues that are already closed?  Can I create a workflow property for the closed state?  If so, what is the property name and what value do I need to set?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sarah Jordan June 10, 2021

I spoke to one of my system administrators today.  He told me that the Schedule Issue button is actually provided by a Jira plugin named The Scheduler.  The fact that the Schedule Issue button has nothing to do with the Schedule Issues permission is not obvious in any way and makes things very confusing from a user perspective.  Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions.  I appreciate your willingness to help!

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @Sarah Jordan

Niranjan has already mentioned all relevant parts to check to see if a button like "Schedule Issue" can be removed. As this is not a default button there are not so many places you could look for in order to get it removed.

To be honest, it looks that somebody introduced it in your past using scripting/coding technologies and/or a App - at least it is non-standard to appear.

You could still check two places before I also have no left idea where to look for where it originates:

- in case you have App "Script Runner" check if the Button was inserted by a technique called "Fragments". But there are more features provided so in case you have it, please check all places where Script Runner is involved (https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features)

- in case you suspect any other App to be responsible please have a look which they are and probably try to deactivate them (on a test environment first, if you have one - or - to test during non-office hours).

Regards,
Daniel

Sarah Jordan June 7, 2021

@Daniel Ebers There isn't a "past" to this project in which someone could have introduced the "Schedule Issue" feature.  This is a new Data Center project into which I am migrating data from an old Oracle database.  I am the only person configuring the project and I do not use any apps during the data migration.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

I see - interesting, have never seen such button to be honest.

Could you please attach a screenshot of it?

Maybe that rings a bell.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah Jordan June 9, 2021

@Daniel Ebers Unfortunately, I am not able to provide screen shots of my Jira project.  However, I learned today from one of our top tier Jira administrators that the "Schedule Issue" feature is part of a plugin that I was not aware we were using.  The admin is going to investigate my original question tomorrow and hopefully get me some answers.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2021

Ah, nice one! Yes, this is something that can be hard to find when not having administrator privileges (= no option to have a quick look at Apps).

Great to hear you figured it out!

Like Sarah Jordan likes this
0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

Hi @Sarah Jordan -I believe that you are referring to "Schedule Issue" transition. You may need to remove the outgoing transition "Schedule Issue" from "Closed" status in the workflow. If the transition is an "ALL" transition then you may need to add a condition to restrict it based on current workflow status.

@Niranjan, my workflow does not contain any transitions from the closed state.  Closed in my case is the last state (end point) in the workflow.  Also, there are no "Schedule Issue" transitions in my workflow.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

@Sarah Jordan - ah ok. then it could be the "Schedule option" related to Due Date system field or advanced roadmap. could you share the screenshot?

@Niranjan, unfortunately, I am unable to share a screen shot.  I can, however, tell you that I am not using Advanced Roadmaps or any other plugins at this time.  I have two field configurations for my project and the Due Date system field is hidden in both of them.  Therefore, Due Date is not shown on any of my screens.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

ok, Can you check the "Schedule Issue" permissions in the permission scheme and revoke access from users who have that permission?

@Niranjan The "Schedule Issues" permission in my permission scheme is currently empty (not granted to anyone).

Suggest an answer