How to delete organisation

Julien Seixas April 14, 2020

Hi,

I accidentally created an organization on Atlassian / Jira (I don't know these tools) for my company following a "tip" bubble on a personal Trello board.

It created an organization for my company !

Which I don't want. How can I delete it?

Without deleting my Trello account or any board 🙏

I have a lot of important data that I don't want to lose...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hello Julien,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating a Jira site, automatically an organization is created. This organization can't be deleted. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

It seems that you are worried about your Trello account, but don't worry, Jira is separated from Trello and if you delete your Jira it won't affect Trello.

Your Jira site is free, you won't be billed for that. You can cancel your subscription on my.atlassian.com or if you won't access Jira anymore, your site will be automatically deleted after 120 days.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Julien Seixas April 22, 2020

Okay thank you for your help.

I've canceled my subscription but I doesn't find how to delete my Jira account :x

The only thing that I've understand is I can't now delete my atlasian account because of the new link with Trello.

Am I right ?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2020

Once you cancel your subscription, Jira will still be available for a while in case you need to create access and create a backup, but then it will be completely deleted.

If you are using Trello with Atlassian account, then it's better that you don't delete, otherwise, you won't have access to your Trello boards.

Atlassian account is something that allows you to use any Atlassian products with only one account, it includes community.

Julien Seixas April 24, 2020

Okay, yes I've understand.

So I cancelled my subscription to Jira => my Jira account will be automatically deleted later and I didn't do anything on my atlasian account because it is related to my trello account since the merger.

Cool, thank you so much for your explanation

Like ‱ AngĂ©lica Luz likes this
0 votes
Nikola Mirkov August 17, 2022

hey guys,

how can I delete an organisation under the "free plan"? I can't do it in Settings > Details:(

Thanks!

Niko

0 votes
Arman Fatahi April 11, 2022

If you just want to deassociate the organization with your account, add any other email as org Admin, and using that account remove your own from Org Admin. But if you want to remove the contents and information, this is not a good solution.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events