How to customize the issue view screen

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012

Hi,

When I press an issue link, I'm directed to the issue view page.

There are few sections on that page: details, description, activity and more.

How do I control the fields that will be shown under the Details section?

I want to add some custom fields and I'd like to remove some unused fields from that screen.

Thanks,

Janiv.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2012

Go to Custom Fields page (as administrator).

Make sure that the custom field includes Default Screen (Field Tab) under the screens column.

If not, edit the custom field screens and select (by checking) the Default Screen.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2012

This solution works only for the "field tab".

How do I make all other tabs available at the issue's view details screen?

Thanks,

Janiv.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2012

@janiv: The tabs that are shown for viewing issue is controlled completely by the screen that is associated with the issue type in the 'Issue Type Screen Scheme'. If nothing is defined it uses the default one. I didn't completely get what u actually meant when you say 'make other tabs available in issue view details screen'

Like # people like this
3 votes
Jeffrey Lee June 7, 2013

The default view screen that I see in Jira 5.2 has a details section, description section, activity section, people and date sections. The default screen only has one panel that I can see, so, in other words, I can't see a configurable item that alters what is displayed on this screen.

2 votes
chris chris November 18, 2016

Hi,

related to the issue view page the original poster asked......how do I make it NOT display attachment and description fields?   all the answers seem to be about adding fields, but how to I get rid of default (not custom) fields such as attachemtn and descrption?

Thanks,

Chris

Jennifer Zou January 17, 2017

It can be done by changing the screen configurations.

Like Hjalmar_Brandenburg likes this
chris chris January 17, 2017

like where exactly is it?  I clicked on screens and there is no configuration corresponding to the issue view page.

Bevan Miller January 31, 2017

I'm interested in this also? Can it be done in JIRA Cloud?

Deleted user March 23, 2017

I think what you want is a different field configuration. You can choose which fields are shown, hidden, required, which screens are associated, etc...

As far as I know, hiding a field in the field configuration is the only way to do that. Why a field shows even if it's not on a screen is beyond my understanding but that works around it.

Like Maxime Prévost likes this
Stephen W June 25, 2018

So, how do I change the screen configuration? I have tailored the screen, as a test, just to have one field, yet the view shows all this information that I am not wanting - Related knowledge base links, SLA details, Votes, watches. 

I don't want any of this. I just want to see the one field that I put into the screen definition

JD Lobue August 20, 2018

Anyone know how the view screen can be configured in Jira-coud solution?

Nanda Kops-Assendelft September 24, 2018

I'm also interested in configuring the view issue screen. How can I configure all the sections like: details section, description section, activity section, people and date sections. 

And how can I remove a field? I already made screen schemes, different screens for different issue operations. But still I can not remove some fields.

Nanda Kops-Assendelft October 8, 2018

This worked for me:

Add/Hide field on the Issue Detail View

Configure  panel on the right of the screen.

Board - Configure - Issue Detail view.
Here you can 'Add, delete or reorder fields on the Issue Detail View'.

Add/Hide field on the Issue View

Configure 'full screen' issue view screen

Make your own Field Configuration Scheme and connect it to your project.
In field configuration, you can show and hide all the default and custom fields.

Suggest an answer