How to create a filter for issues with no due date?

Ali Adib November 5, 2019

What is the the best way to create a filter that shows issues with NO due date?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

@Ali Adib try:

duedate is EMPTY
Ali Adib November 5, 2019

Thanks much! It worked

SJ Hastings July 25, 2020

Hey Peter or Ali,

The fliter command I have for due date looks like the attached. I cannot typr EMPTY in it. Any idea please re how to fill in the boxes to get a filter of no due date?

Thank you! Steveduedate empty.PNG

Ali Adib July 27, 2020

@SJ Hastings you'll need to "switch to JQL" in order to be able to type. Your screen shot is from the "basic search". Next to the search button click on "switch to JQL"

SJ Hastings July 27, 2020

ok. thank you

0 votes
Jonathan Manshack September 2, 2021

Hello, I have something similar. I'm trying to make a query that will provide me with issues that have no requested due date. In our tickets, we have a "Requested Due Date", so I have my query as such:

"Requested Due Date" is EMPTY OR duedate is EMPTY OR due is EMPTY

Yet, my dashboard still returns the exact same tickets even if they have a due date.

Update: if I search for issues with a query

project = XYZ and reporter = "XYZ" AND duedate is EMPTY OR "Requested Due Date" is EMPTY OR due is EMPTY

Then it actually works, I get all tickets assign to XYZ project, reporter is XYZ, and the tickets have no due dates. But in my dashboard, I still get tickets with due dates. I checked the rich filter, and I checked the gadget's filter as well. Nothing is different from the other custom queries I have made for my controller buttons. In theory, it should work just fine but it isn't.

Update 2: I was able to get this query to work for some reason:

"Requested Due Date" is EMPTY

I removed the other functions (correct term?) and left it with just one and it was able to give me what I wanted. I guess my logic with the longer query outputs not in the way I would like.

Suggest an answer