How to copy a template project with settings, schemes, workflows, fields and layouts

Kirk Clarke July 23, 2019

Hi, I have created and configured a project as a template for others. However, when I created a new project and selected the existing one as the template no board was created for the new project. I have no opttion to add a board, all seem to force me to create a new project.

Although the schemes look the same in project settings-Summary, the issue fields are different.

Curiously, when opening the example issue on the new project the Acceptance Criteria field displays for a second then disapears.

Both projects use the exact same issue layout.

Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Hello @Kirk Clarke 

I've never created a project as a template for upcoming projects, but what I did to make all the work easier was to :

- Created a basic permission scheme ( where I add only the groups, in my case our internal devs group, and external clients to have access exactly for what we want) 

- Created a workflow 

- Issue layouts 

- Screens

*Whenever I create a new project, I use a copy and rename it after the project.

Kirk Clarke July 24, 2019

Hi Elena,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've figured out how to add a board now. 

Creating a permission scheme is a good idea!

I was able to create projects and add a board by saving a filter as a board.

Then configuring the issue layout by following the Where is my field? link

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer