How to change the base url of my Jira App

Hannah Cross July 11, 2018

I signed up and entered a "demo" url for my trial with jira but have discovered I cannot change it once it has been created? Is there a way for it to be modified by me that I cannot find? Can the Jira team change it for me? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

Hannah,

I am assuming that you are using the cloud hosting.  You should contact customer support.  Here is a document describing the issue you are having and a work around if you want to change it yourself.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-7184?_ga=2.85804895.790155487.1531244353-890520517.1523892346

Hannah Cross July 11, 2018

Thanks Brant. I will give that a go. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

For what it's worth, the current method of "changing the url" is to buy a new system with the new name, then export all your data from the old one and import it into the new one.

Hannah Cross July 12, 2018

Ah ok. Cheers Nic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2018

Hi Hannah,

This might also be helpful. It explains the process entirely:

It also refers to the feature request I created which Brant suggested.

Regards,

Shannon

Hannah Cross August 14, 2018

Thanks Shannon. Sorry for the (extreme) delay in reply. 

In the end I created a new account and closed the old one. Appreciate the help from everyone!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

You're welcome, Hannah!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer