How to calculate the age of the ticket issue

SANTHOSH CHANDRASEKHAR May 22, 2019

Hi,

How to calculate the tickets age (without adding new column in the tickets) in the dashboard. Also how to add new field in the filter as age not in tickets.

Regards,

Santhosh Chandrasekhar

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2019

Hello Santhosh,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

JIRA does not have an inbuilt field which would return the age of tickets, however, there are some plugins that you can use to achieve this goal.

In order to provide you the best options to achieve your need and further details on how to implement it, could you please let us know if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server?

Check some options below:

For JIRA Server: You can use Power Custom Fields Premium™ (PRO):

return (currentDate() - created); 

For JIRA Cloud: You can Use ScriptRunner Calculated fields, as mentioned in the documentation below:

Script Listeners

Additionally, we have a feature request to implement this functionality in JIRA without any plugins:

Issue Age Field

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if this information helps.

SANTHOSH CHANDRASEKHAR May 24, 2019

Hi,

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Santhosh Chandrasekhar

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2019

You are welcome, Santhosh.

Have a nice weekend! :)

Like SANTHOSH CHANDRASEKHAR likes this
SANTHOSH CHANDRASEKHAR May 24, 2019

Hi Petterson,

Please let me know how to create only top 10 tickets count, with customer name in the JIRA dashboard.

I tried 'Assigned to Me' gadget but its coming 10 in the first page and remaining in the next. But my requirement only 10 tickets remaining tickets not required to display.

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Santhosh Chandrasekhar

SANTHOSH CHANDRASEKHAR May 27, 2019

Hi Petterson,

I am using JIRA Cloud, hope I need to use Script Listeners  for calculating age of the ticket.

Kindly let me know how I can calculate the age for the ticket through Script Listeners.

Also kindly advise me how to create only top 10 tickets count, with customer name in the JIRA dashboard (everyday dynamically pickup the data in to dashboard).

I tried 'Assigned to Me' gadget but its coming 10 in the first page and remaining in the next. But my requirement only 10 tickets remaining tickets not required to display.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh Chandrasekhar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events